Thursday, February 28, 2008

New Fashions From Paris

This week in Paris, designers unveiled their fall/winter ready-to-wear collections. Here are some of the highlights:

We start off with a few cute numbers by Japanese designer Junya Watanabe. She seems to be into covering up women's faces.

With this one, Junya kicks it up a notch by covering every square inch of the face and neck. I wonder if you have to buy it all as one piece, or if you could just buy the head dress, because I'm not too fond of the jacket, but the black deal covering her head is a stunner. Ready-to-wear indeed!

Now with this one, she left the neck exposed, but she did hide a soccer ball in the head piece. Junya is one cagey son-of-a-bitch.

Next we have 2 pieces by Jeremy Scott. The first one here is great. I can't even count how many times I've walked into a place and saw drapes I wish I could wear.

Then he steps it up with the 'ol frame-head design. Let me just say, it's about time. There's already rumblings that next year Jeremy Scott will break out his long awaited Linoleum Collection.

This year in Paris there seemed to be a calling for large pieces on or about the head. And Martin Margiela did not disappoint...
Here is another Margiela creation, and again, it's super fucked up.

We finally move to Vivienne Westwood. We only get a small taste of the dress, but I'm pretty sure that's all we need. This is what I imagine someone might look like after they are abducted, kept hostage in a cage, then finally released 6 months later.

Don't worry, by the time these fashions make it to the United States, they will look more like this:

No comments: