Thursday, February 7, 2008

100th Post!

I'm not sure if anybody is going to care, but this is my 100th Post since starting this blog.

In light of this huge event in my life, I thought I'd make this post extra super duper special by sharing with you some silly stories and/or tidbits from my past that helped shape who I am today, and therefore, this blog.

  • When I was 12, my mom waited in line with me at Great American Music to get Motley Crue tickets. As a result, I missed the first 2 hours of school. My mom forgot to write me a note about why I was late and when I was called into the VP's office, he asked me why I was late. I told him that my mom and I were waiting in line for Motley Crue tickets. He thought I was lying and sentenced me to 2 days of detention. Remember kids, the truth will send you to detention.
  • When I was in the 8th grade, I inadvertently found out that my science teacher and my English teacher were having an elicit affair. At least that was my inference...I was running down the hallway between classes, and my English teacher told me to slow down. I stopped and told him to "cool out". That's when my science teacher, who overheard the comment, stormed towards me, grabbed me by my shirt and slammed me against the lockers. She demanded that I apologize to my English teacher at once. She was so angry, and adamant that I apologize, that I could only come to one conclusion; they were fucking.
  • When I was 14, and my best friend was 15, we played in a Poison cover band. One day we were practicing in my parents' basement and we decided to see exactly how loud his guitar amp would go. We set the amp on the driveway, and while one of us put the volume dial on 10 and played, the other one got on a bike and pedaled down the street to see how far it carried. It was very loud, and we could hear it all the way down the block, but as we neared the end of our experiment, a police car pulled into the driveway. We only got a warning, but it was a stern one.
  • When I was around 10 years old, some dude flashed my sister and I from his car. There was a whole big deal with cops and shit. I don't remember much about it, but maybe that's why I like to flash so much...
  • One time, my dad got super pissed off at me and tore down my Rocky poster in a fit of rage. I tried to tape it together, but it was never the same. (I totally deserved his wrath, trust me)
  • My best friend and I once encouraged a kid to put gasoline on his brand new leather gloves in order to get out a tiny paint stain. From then on, those tan leather gloves never smelled of anything other than gas.
  • Here is a photo of my family on vacation in the Ozark Mountains. We are the 4 peeps on the left, and on the right, are some strangers. It's one of those photos that is taken professionally by the attraction you are visiting, and for some reason they couldn't take a photo of each family, we all had to pose together. I'm the little boy in the pimp pants being held by mommy...

Thanks for walking down memory lane with me, and enduring my gratuitous use of bold type. I love you all very much. Well, not you, George.

1 comment:

Beautifully Profound said...

Happy 100th post. Thank you for the entertainment 100 times over.