Tuesday, February 26, 2008

CNN And Baby Bumps

I will admit that I'm a little naive about some things like the fact that I used to believe that CNN provided me with serious news when I needed such news...Until today, when I surfed over to CNN.com and found that one of the top stories under the Latest News header was, "Is Angelina showing off a baby bump?"
Right under "Rioters try to attack US consulate" and "Virus on cruise ship sickens dozens" we get speculation about Jolie's baby bump. The fact that they are reporting on one of America's most famous actresses/humanitarian doesn't get me too upset. More than that, it's the wording they employed. They couldn't have gone with, "Is Angelina pregnant?" Is that not sexy enough? Are they trying to hit the 15-20 demo? Are they trying to sound hip and/or from the streets? I'm hungry, I need a sandwich.

In review, this post makes me sound crotchety, old and out of touch. I'm fine with that. I just want the top news stories, not news on someone's "baby bump". I'm going to go sit in my rocking chair now, goodbye.

No comments: