Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Live In The Hood

I came out to go to work this morning, the temperature was about 3 below zero. I saw that one of my tires was about 80% flat. I drove to the gas station nearest my house, and looked up to the coin slot where I would normally deposit my 75 cents for air and the whole thing was gone. The wires that connected to it were dangling down, taunting me.

I next drove the 2nd nearest gas station, and quickly put my quarters in the slot and heard the air compressor start to hum. I grabbed the hose and saw the end of the hose was missing. Someone had cut off the end, so there was no way to insert the air into my airless tire.

At that point, I had to go to work, so I drove the rest of the way to work, parked my broke-ass car, and grumpily wandered into work, knowing that I'd have to deal with that damn tire at the end of the day.

Is that what I get for living in the inner-city? I mean, it's not New York or East LA, it's South Minne-frickin-apolis! And I couldn't even put air in my tire because vandals had been out fucking up all the local air stations. Whatever, I'll get some Fix-A-Flat and inflate that bitch, then go to Bobby & Steve's where the air always works, because if someone tried to do anything to their air station, Bobby would come out and hold him down, while Steve kicked his teeth down his throat.

No comments: