Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MidnightToker is Stalking on Facebook

I had some down time at work this morning. Logically, I ended up looking on Facebook for a girl who had a big crush on me in high school. I never cared about her, never even talked to her, but I ended up at Facebook anyway. I guess deep down I'm worried that her life went off the tracks after graduation when she finally realized she couldn't have me. Her inability to have me probably shattered her whole existence, and I can only imagine she ended up in a mental institution eerily repeating my name.

I guess I could always go to a class reunion or one of the all-class bar parties and ask around, but I probably won’t. My school just had an all-school party last week that I did not attend. Of course, I did stalk my way onto Facebook in hopes someone had posted some tasty photos of the event. It was my lucky day. Someone, in fact, multiple someones, had posted photos of the night. Unfortunately, it was very unsatisfying. A lot of bald heads, and expanded waistlines; many people I barely knew, and even more I never wanted to know.

You know, I've learned something today. I’ve learned that no matter how much you try to forget your past, it may come back to you someday when you least expect it. I learned that not everybody is on Facebook. I learned that many of the people I went to high school with are now bald and/or fat, at least fatter and balder than I am, and that will help me sleep very well tonight, because, if I’m anything, I’m a vain jackass.

No comments: