Monday, March 17, 2008

Jealousy And Crotch-Shots

My friend's band played this weekend at the South By Southwest Music Festival in Austin, Texas. I have a healthy amount of jealousy running through my head that his band played there and my band did not, so to commemorate the SXSW Music Festival, I present to you this retrospective on using crotch shots on album covers. Enjoy!

First off, the original. Sticky Fingers by The Rolling Stones:
I know you all want to know, so no, it is not Mick Jagger's crotch, or any of the other Stones.

In 1981, Motley Crue copied the design of Sticky Fingers on their record Too Fast For Love:

Since then, there have been a plethora of crotches on album covers...

Amorica by The Black Crows
Heavy Metal Hits Compilation

Fat Boy SlimUp at the Crack by Boned

The Commodores
Almost crotch shots...
Jennifer Lopez

Hot Boogie Chillun

No comments: