Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tacos Look Good On TV

I am not proud of most of the things I did as a raging pothead/alcoholic, but as my mind gets more clear day-by-day, I keep remembering previously forgotten events.
This is one I am particularly not proud of:

One evening after a successful pot and booze-fueled practice session with my band, I drove home and turned on the TV. As I sipped on a dangerously cold beer, cloud of smoke hanging overhead, an advertisement appeared on the TV for Taco Bell. They don't have the best food, but they do a pretty good job of making it look appetizing on the TV. Of course, I was under the influence big-time, so my mouth started to water and before I knew what happened I was in my car heading towards yummy town.

I sat for a short time in the line and finally ordered my tacos and I approached the window and handed her a five-dollar bill. I received my change, said thanks and drove out of the parking lot towards my apartment. At a red light, I glanced over and didn’t see my food sitting there. I looked over between the seat and the door, but it was not there either. I looked on the floor, in the back seat and finally realized that I drove off after I paid, but before getting my food.

For those of you that know me, you know there was zero chance of me going back and telling them what happened, so feeling ashamed, stupid and still very hungry, I pulled into Wendy’s, got a burger, went home and ate.

No comments: