Monday, July 9, 2007

"Your blog is funny & cute"

I shared this blog with my therapist and she told me she found it "funny & cute".
She also told me she thought it would be "deeper".
At first I was a little hurt, but I guess she has a point.

At any rate, I thought I would make this blog a little deeper by sharing a story that I have never told anybody. It is a story wrought with deceit & anger.

When I was 15 years old, my mother woke me up for school at 7:30AM. The night before I told her I wanted pancakes for breakfast. After my shower, I walked to the kitchen and saw my mom putting waffles on a plate. "I hope those aren't for me," I said.
"They sure are. Now eat up, you're going to be late for school," she said.
I did eat those waffles, as thoughts of fluffy pancakes filled my head.
What sort of damage can an incident like that cause? It may be immeasurable, who knows, but it happened and I have to live with the scars for the rest of my life.

Here is a rendering of me eating waffles while thinking of pancakes:

No comments: